This salad is bursting full of light, fresh and crisp flavours, the perfect answer to a summer’s evening. I’m not the biggest shellfish fan but the lime and coriander prawns are slowly converting me; shredded chicken or beef would also work well!
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 5 tbsp frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 spring onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 large celery sticks
- 2.5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 100g frozen shelled prawns, defrosted
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the broccoli divided into small florets for 2 minutes. Remove the broccoli and allow to cool and dry on kitchen paper.
- Assemble the salad bowl, by finely slicing the spring onion and celery. Using a Julienne slicer or knife, cut the carrots into thin matchsticks. Add these along with 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, the peas and cooled broccoli to a large mixing bowl and gently mix together.
- For the dressing: simply whisk all the ingredients together stir through the vegetable mix.
- Bring a small frying pan with 1 teaspoon coconut oil to a high heat. Once heated, add the prawns and gently toss until they begin to turn white. Add the lime juice and coriander and continue to toss until well combined. Remove from the heat and allow the juice to reduce.
- To assemble; place some salad on a plate, toss over the prawns and finish with a tsp sesame seeds and a sprinkle of coriander.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.