Crispy Squares an absolute must at many a birthday party, bake sale or gathering!! Whether it be in the bun or square they are always a tasty one.
These Crispy Squares have some added ingredients in the form of even more crunch with some pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and coconut and some secret goodness using Morning Glory Grains from Biasol.
I’m a brand ambassador for Biasol so be sure to get your discount using “SINEAD22”.
Makes 16 squares.
- 70g mixed seeds
- 10g desiccated coconut
- 100g rice crispies
- 20g Biasol Morning Glory Grains
- 55g butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- 60ml honey or maple syrup
- 60g chocolate
- 1 generous tbsp plain Greek-style yoghurt
- Line a square baking tin with parchment.
- Place the seeds, coconut, rice crispies and Morning Glory grains into a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, whisk in the nut butter and honey until smooth.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and mix well until no dry ingredients remain.
- Evenly press this mix into the lined tin and place in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir through the yoghurt until fully combined. Remove the crispy mix from the fridge and spread evenly over the top.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes. Cut into Crispy Squares and store in a resealable container in the fridge for up to 4 days.