These are my go-to options for keep me fueled whilst travelling to an away match or commuting to a training session – inspired by Derval O’Rourke‘s recipe. Bananas are a great source of essential magnesium and energy sources, whilst the granola provides slow release carbohydrates and the nut butter provides some essential flavour and protein. Prepare these in advance and keep fresh in the fridge or else freeze. They also work great sliced with some berries and yoghurt as a morning treat. For more great healthy snack ideas check out from my Top 5 Healthy Snacks.
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp granola
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- Mix together the nut butter and oil in a little bowl.
- On a plate, mix together the granola and cinnamon.
- Peel the banana and cut width ways in half.
- Place the banana on a fork and coat in the nut butter before rolling in the granola.
- Repeat with the remaining banana and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.