This recipe is yet another of my hostel kitchen creations inspired by the “free food” basket. Tinned chickpeas are a staple item on my shopping list. Tinned items are a backpackers dream as they last forever, travel well on buses & need minimal preparation.
I created this recipe over the weekend and have been eating them on a near daily basis since. Apologies in advance if you get a little addicted like me!
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well together.
- Taste, if you like a stronger curry flavour just add more to your desired taste.
- Add to a green leafy salad or serve alongside falafel like I did for a chickpea feast!