Treat someone special to this luxurious version of my tried and tested Banana and Oat Pancakes. Top your chocolate oat pancakes with a quick and easy berry coulis. The berry coulis can be used to serve with porridge, as a cake icing or simply spread on a slice of bread instead of jam. It will keep fresh for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Makes 6 pancakes, serves 2.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 100g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50ml milk
- 100g raspberries
- 50ml water
- zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt or creme fraiche
- Place all the pancake ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or ideally overnight.
- For the berry coulis: place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover, turn the heat to low and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the pancake mix from the fridge and whisk to loosen it a little.
- Place a non-stick frying or griddle pan on a medium-low heat. Pour 2 large tablespoonfuls of the mix onto the pan, swirling into a circular shape.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top and flip gently over.
- Cook on the opposite side for 2 minutes and remove to a warm plate.
- Repeat the above with the remaining mixture.
- Stack your pancakes up and serve with a dollop of yoghurt and berry coulis.