For those times when you want a sweet treat fast and are kinda struggling not to venture to the shop then here’s the recipe for you!
This Dark Chocolate & Oat Mug Cake is packed with rich chocolate, natural banana sweetness while the oats and egg will keep you going for longer.
All you need is a fork, a microwave, a mug or cup that is microwave safe, a few staple ingredients and away you go!
- 1 regular overripe banana
- 1 egg
- 30g oats
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts), roughly chopped
- 25g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Crack the egg into a microwave safe cup or mug, add the banana and mash together with a fork.
- Stir through the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add a sprinkle of oats, chocolate and nuts on top.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes or until the mug cake has risen and cooked through. Don’t worry if the mug cake has risen up out of your mug a little, allow it to cool and it will sink down.
- Top with a dollop of yoghurt or a sprinkle of cinnamon and dig in.