These Dark Chocolate Oat Truffles are a festive take on my Dark Chocolate & Apricot Oat Balls. The addition of cranberries and plenty of mixed spice tends to give any dish a real Christmas feel!
These truffles are also a great gift for the health-conscious minded person on your list. Simple make the truffles, allow to fully set and pop in a nice bag or box ready for eating and enjoying.
Oat truffles are perfect for a healthy snack on the go, they are made for outdoor adventures so get out and get active this Christmas time.
These truffles are a no bake version so you never have to worry about them falling apart or sticking to the baking tray.
- 30g dried apricots
- 25g dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- zest of 1/2 small orange
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp milled linseed
- 100g jumbo oats
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice/cinnamon
- 75g nut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g dark chocolate
- Line a baking tray or plate with parchment.
- Roughly chop the apricots and place in a bowl with 20g of the cranberries, orange juice and zest. Mix together and allow the apricots soak up the juice.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the nut butter, honey and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry either with your hands or a fork until well coated.
- Dampen your hands and roll 1 tablespoon at a time of the mixture into ball shapes. Place on the prepared tray and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the tray flat in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until set. Once set, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl or a saucepan of simmering water.
- Drizzle some of the chocolate over the balls or roll the balls in the chocolate. Top the coated balls with one of the reserved dried cranberries.
- Return to the fridge to set. Once set, you can transfer to a resealable box or bag and store in your freezer or fridge.
- When eating them from your freezer, allow them to defrost for 5 minutes before eating.