Both of these dips are ideal as a snack at any time of the day or as an easy starter with a bunch of friends. Simply add some vegetable sticks or slices of charred sourdough bread. The salsa verde is also a great way to liven up a steak sandwich!
Simply Creamy Hummus:
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp parmesan, grated
- Place all the ingredients with 2 tablespoons of the oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining oil until you get your preferred texture.
- 20g fresh coriander (include the stalks)
- 20g fresh parsley
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Bunch all the herbs together into a ball and roughly chop.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together with the oil, lemon zest and juice.
- This will keep fresh in the fridge under a layer of oil for 3 days.