Chocolatey and nutty!!
Easily two of the essential ingredients in a cookie for me! I even sold chocolate chip cookies to my classmates in third class of primary school for a short time before I discovered the profit margins just didn’t add up or else maybe my Mam got sick of me making a mess in the kitchen?? Who knows but my cookie empire didn’t last too long!
Anyway, cookies are just a lovely treat and a real crowd pleaser. You want them crunchy, crumbly, soft and full of chocolate. You should find all 4 in these Double Chocolate & Pistachio Cookies!
Makes 16 medium sized cookies.
- 175g plain flour
- 75g oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 50g pistachios, roughly crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 150g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Stir the flour, oats, cocoa powder, desiccated coconut and the pistachios (reserve 1 tbsp of the pistachios for topping the cookies) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Add baking soda and stir continuously until it blooms and turns a caramel colour for about 30 seconds.
- Add the hot mix to the dry ingredients.
- Stir together until no flour remains.
- Shape the cookie dough into a sausage like roll on a sheet of parchment and cover in cling film and place into the fridge.
- When ready to bake, remove the cookie dough and heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Cut the cookie dough into even rounds – there should be 16 in total. Make them smaller as you like.
- Spread the cookies onto 2 lined baking trays and place the chocolate chunks on top with a little salt and the reserved pistachios.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown and the cookie edges are set.
- Sprinkle some flaky sea-salt over the top of the cookies as they cool!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.