Happy Easter and what better way to say it than with a chocolate bunny!
No need for any messing with added sugars in the form of honey, maple or golden syrup with this simple recipe. Add or remove the orange zest and cranberries as you fancy but I personally think it’s adds a real richness.
Biscuit cake is perfect for anytime of year just cut into any shape or number to act as a quick birthday cake or simply just allow to set in a lined loaf tin, slice & enjoy!
- 35g butter
- 200ml milk
- 200g dark chocolate
- 300g broken biscuits (digestive, rich tea, goldgrain)
- 200g chopped marshmallows
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, halved
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- Line a large rectangle baking tray if cutting the biscuit cake into a shape, otherwise use a loaf tin or 20cm square tin.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter in the milk.
- Once the butter is fully melted, stir through and remove from the heat. Add the dark chocolate and allow to fully melt.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, pour over the liquid mix once the chocolate is fully melted.
- Stir well to combine and pour into the lined tin. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or in the freezer for 40-60 mins if in a hurry.
- To decorate: I used some leftover coconut cream with desiccated coconut to create the ears and tail. A whole almond acted as the eye with a raw coconut shard for the mouth.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.