Fennel is one of those ingredients that you either love or loathe!! And guess what I love it. Raw, cooked or in seed form, I can’t get enough of it.
This Fennel & Carrot Citrus Slaw is full of all the things I love about food – colour, crunch and jam-packed with flavour!
Use the dressing for any kind of salad or grain mix. Simply shake it up in a jam jar and store in the fridge for when you need quick and easy flavour injection.
If you’re not a major fennel fan, try using celery cut really thin or celeriac grated instead.
For all you fennel lovers, try it roasted, on its own raw in any mixed salad or use the seeds like I do when roasting batches of veggies!
Serve this Fennel & Carrot Citrus Slaw alongside my Ratatouille Stuffed Aubergine for a seriously tasty feast.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 medium carrots, topped and tailed
- zest of 1/2 lemon and orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp multigrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- To prepare the fennel – cut a slice off the flat bottomed thick round root edge. Then cut in half lengthways. Place each half flat onto the chopping board and thinly slice into thin strips.
- Use a vegetable peeler to create long ribbon shapes of carrot.
- Mix both together with the citrus zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Shake all the remaining ingredients together with double the quantity of oil to lemon juice in a jam jar.
- Stir the dressing through the vegetables and serve.