Who doesn’t like the flavours of a Ferrero Rocher??
Hazelnuts and chocolate are what you’ll find in many chocolate desserts and a popular choice to slather on pancakes too.
These treats are impossibly easy and take a little bit of time in terms of roasting the hazelnuts but even less if you buy pre-roasting ones. You can even buy pre-chopped up hazelnuts too for the crumb finish.
Tasty additions to the mix would be a pinch of sea salt, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, chai spice mix or a mix of nuts using cashew, pecan, brazil, pistachio and almonds.
Makes 13 medium balls.
- 200g dates
- 100g whole hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Roast the hazelnuts at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F x 10 mins. If the shells are on, they loosen. Place the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub together until all the shells fall off. Remove the hazelnuts and transfer to a food processor.
- Blitz the hazelnuts until a chunky crumb is formed. Remove 30g of this and save for the topping.
- Add the dates and cocoa powder to the remaining 70g of hazelnuts and blitz together until a glossy paste is formed.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the paste into balls and roll in the reserved 30g of blitzed hazelnuts.
- Continue until all the paste is used up.
- Store in the fridge for at least a week.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.