Who doesn’t like the flavours of a Ferrero Rocher??
Hazelnuts and chocolate are what you’ll find in many chocolate desserts and a popular choice to slather on pancakes too.
These treats are impossibly easy and take a little bit of time in terms of roasting the hazelnuts but even less if you buy pre-roasting ones. You can even buy pre-chopped up hazelnuts too for the crumb finish.
Tasty additions to the mix would be a pinch of sea salt, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, chai spice mix or a mix of nuts using cashew, pecan, brazil, pistachio and almonds.
Makes 13 medium balls.
- 200g dates
- 100g whole hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Roast the hazelnuts at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F x 10 mins. If the shells are on, they loosen. Place the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub together until all the shells fall off. Remove the hazelnuts and transfer to a food processor.
- Blitz the hazelnuts until a chunky crumb is formed. Remove 30g of this and save for the topping.
- Add the dates and cocoa powder to the remaining 70g of hazelnuts and blitz together until a glossy paste is formed.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the paste into balls and roll in the reserved 30g of blitzed hazelnuts.
- Continue until all the paste is used up.
- Store in the fridge for at least a week.