You might get the feeling from my blog that I love curry!!
It is seriously one of the easiest dinners you can make, can be made a million different ways and always results in leftovers for the freezer or for later in the week – I do love a good batch-cook!
Fresh coriander can be used instead of the mint for a seriously fragrant dish. I know some people are seriously against coriander, I personally love it but apparently for some it tastes like soap…not what you want on your dinner really!
Switch up the vegetables depending on what is in season or what’s in your fridge. Any root vegetable instead of the carrots will work perfect and broccoli, spinach, green beans or even sprouts instead of the courgette could be used. I would suggest adding any leafy green vegetables just before serving to keep their texture. Of course any kind of beans can be used to replace the butter beans.
Find plenty more of my curry recipes here!!
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml hot stock or bone broth
- 300g carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 large courgette, cut into half moons
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cut until soft through.
- Add the spices and salt and stir together until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock with the mint, stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Steam the carrots and courgette until just soft through.
- Return the curry sauce to the heat, add the steamed carrots and courgette followed by the butter beans. Heat through and serve with your preferred grain or steamed green leafy vegetables.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.