This is my go-to recipe for when you’ve a gang coming over and you need something that is quick, tasty and will please lots of dietary needs!!
All you need is a roll of shop-bought puff pastry, any vegetables and cheese will do but goats cheese & broccoli are particularly good together. If you’ve a bit of pesto lurking in a jar in the fridge amazing, leftover pasta sauce even better and if you want to go all fancy and make my Romesco sauce then you get a gold star!!
A few fresh salad leaves or herbs scattered over the tart before serving would also be good!
Or if it is a more breakfasty/brunch time of day – try my Breakfast Tart.
- 1 roll of puff-pastry
- 1 jar of my Romesco sauce or 4 tbsp pesto/pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g goats cheese
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Roll out the puff-pastry and lay onto a rectangular baking tray with the parchment touching the tray.
- Use a sharp knife and cut a 1 inch border all around the pastry, like a picture frame. Spread the sauce or pesto inside this frame and brush the outer pastry with the beaten egg.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the goats cheese, red pepper and broccoli over the partially cooked tart. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool a little and serve.