Granola is easily my favourite breakfast option. It’s such an easy meal, just top the granola with some fresh fruit and yoghurt and you are set for the day. Oats are a great option for the morning as they packed full of slow release energy.
This recipe for granola is perfect for someone who doesn’t have an oven or like when I was travelling around New Zealand and cooking on a portable gas stove as I lived out of my van. The even better thing about this granola recipe is that it literally takes 5 minutes and breakfast is sorted for at least a week.
I love how you can vary granola in lots of ways imaginable so your breakfast bowl is always packed of fresh flavours. Add any nuts, dried fruit, seeds or spices like cinnamon, turmeric or even ginger to your granola.
Why not try my other favourite granola recipe too.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp nuts (peanuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds)
- 2 tbsp dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, coconut, apricots)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until coated in oil.
- Stir continuously to ensure no burning for 5 minutes until the oats are golden.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Serve with some fresh fruit and yoghurt.