If you haven’t figured it out already, I love salads!!
It’s not just because they are healthy but I love the texture of salads. The crunch of cabbage, the burst of flavour that fresh herbs add and the juicy sweetness of sun-ripened tomatoes.
This recipe creates a very colourful slaw that combines lots of vegetables, seeds and a simple vinaigrette that will add a serious burst of colour to your plate.
- 200g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 medium courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the seeds and combine well.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Combine the dressing, lemon juice and freshly chopped herbs to the vegetables and stir together until well coated using a fork.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.