Not quite a monster but a great way to get your quota of greens in a really easy way. I like to have this first thing in the morning with some Echinacea added to really give your immune system a boost and kick-start the day.
I often substitute or use a mix of spinach and kale or apple and pear.
The recipe makes about 750mls & a normal serving for me is about 200mls and will keep fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- a thumb sized piece of fresh ginger thinly sliced
- 1 large apple
- 300ml water or coconut water
- 5 large leafs kale
- 1/2 cucumber
- Simply chop up the apple, kale, ginger, cucumber and celery and place in a blender. Make sure to remove the stalks from the kale.
- Add the lemon juice and water.
- Set the blender to the highest setting until all the pulp is reduced.
- Give the mix a shake to ensure no lumps left in the juice. You may need to add some more water at this stage if it is quite lumpy.