I don’t know about you but when you’re having falafel you gotta have either hummus or tahini in the mix! Serve these falafels in a bowl of salad, stuff them into a pitta or roll them up in my flatbreads.
A nice crunchy slaw is epic on the side too like my Sesame Beetroot & Carrot Slaw or my Grated Carrot, Courgette & Pumpkin Slaw.
Serves 3, 3 falafel each.
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g spinach
- 2 tsp ground cumin, coriander or garam masala
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, peas and spinach in a blender or food processor and blitz until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir or blitz through the cumin and flour until well combined.
- With damp hands, pat one tablespoonfuls of the mix into falafel shapes (the mix will be quite wet) and place onto a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Spread some oil over the top of each falafel before baking in the oven for 20 minutes or until beginning to turn golden on top and firm through.
- Allow to cool a little before serving as you like.