This is one of those recipes that is incredibly simple but packed with flavour!!!
Ideally throw the BBQ on for this but if not and for me, cooking for one – the oven grill is a lot more handier and realistic!
Literally use whatever kind of veg you like here but softer vegetables like peppers, aubergine, courgette, onions and tomatoes will cook much faster. Spuds, sweet potatoes or any kind of root vegetable will enjoy a grilling too but you will need to speed things up by steaming or microwaving first until softened.
Serve alongside any kind of meat. Pop it into the lunchbox with some lentils or beans. Or stir through cooked grains for a more filling salad option.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1 aubergine, sliced into rounds
- 2 peppers, de-seeded and sliced into lengths
- salt and pepper
- 100g mixed salad greens
- 4 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt or soft goats cheese
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Turn your the grill function of your oven on and up to the highest temperature.
- Place the aubergine and peppers into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper and oil and mix together well.
- Arrange onto a grilling tray with no vegetable overlapping and place under the grill.
- After 10 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the salad greens over your serving dish, add the grilled vegetables on top, dollop the yoghurt around the dish and sprinkle the spring onions over the top.