Quick, easy and oh so satisfying is what a fish dinner is all about!
Salmon is a great source of essential omega 3 fatty acids that can be found in our diet and one of my favourite fishes. This recipe will work well with any meaty fish like cod, hake, pollock, haddock or monkfish.
Mix up the herbs and topping to work with whatever you have in your fridge. Likewise use any citrus fruit to replace the lemon. If you have no yoghurt, cream cheese or even some beaten egg will work fine too.
I highly recommend some peas with mint on the side too!
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp wholemeal flour, blitzed oats or breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp plain natural or Greek-style yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- On a plate mix the flour, oats or breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon and oil together.
- Spread the yoghurt mix over the top and sides of each salmon fillet before rolling in the flour.
- Place the salmon on a baking tray or ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve as you like.