Simple food done well is definitely one of the keys to my life!
Mushrooms with tons of garlic, herbs and a hint of cheese are definitely humble but very comforting ingredients to me. Add them all together on a pan with some crusty bread and you’re literally done.
Add a few of my Red Onion Pickles on top for a little crunch!
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, rosemary or thyme, chopped or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 slice of crusty bread
- 2 tbsp thick yoghurt or cream cheese
- 1 tbsp grated hard cheese e.g. parmesan, white cheddar, Cashel Blue Shepherds Store
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the garlic, stir and allow to soften.
- Once the garlic is softened, add the butter. Once its melted, add the mushrooms and stir to combine. Continue to cook on low until fully softened, turning every few minutes.
- Finally stir through the fresh or dried herbs and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Toast the bread, top with the yoghurt or cream cheese and add the cheese over the top to serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.