There is honestly no easier salad than this one! Not only full of colour, slow-release carbohydrates, protein and flavour but also the best way to use up leftovers and prevent food waste (my pet peeve).
For this version I have used leftover roast vegetables but honestly any kind of fresh or roast vegetables can be used. Keep the base mix of grains, spinach/kale, seeds and herbs and then literally create a mix with whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
Serve with any source of protein for a super quick and wholesome meal – grilled chicken/turkey/steak, garlic prawns, chickpeas/kidney beans or tinned tuna are my favourite choices.
- 1 large handful spinach or kale
- 200g cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, buckwheat groats, sesame)
- 50g leftover roast vegetables (carrot, sweet potato, beetroot, parsnip, turnip, celeriac, aubergine)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (parsley, coriander, basil, mint)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- If using kale, destalk and shred with your hands into bite-sized pieces. Massage a pinch of sea salt through the kale until it turns dark green.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- Keep fresh in the fridge or eat immediately.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the Delalicious cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.