Who doesn’t love some spud salad??
For anyone who doesn’t call potatoes “spuds” then shame on you!! I’m not a big fan of mashed spuds all that much but a baked spud, crispy roasted spuds and particularly new spuds are most definitely my kind of spuds.
I’ve created a Mediterranean-style salad here using capers, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh dill. The only spud salad I knew for my childhood contained steamed spuds, chives and mayonnaise. This recipe is coming in a close second to a batch of my Mam’s chive mix.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 300g new potatoes
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche or Greek-style plain yoghurt
- Steam the potatoes until just cooked through. Allow to cool fully before adding to salad.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add the potatoes and combine fully until well coated in the sauce.