I know most people love their eggs!! I love eggs too just not in the usual format of poached, fried, scrambled or boiled. I have really worked hard at building eggs into my non-baking meals and I find the easiest way is to disguise them with lots of other ingredients that I love.
I was actually in the middle of making one of my egg crepes when things kinda unravelled on the pan and along came this yummy messy eggs recipe!
Any vegetables you have lying around in the fridge can be diced up and added to the filling mix instead of the ones listed in the ingredients.
- coconut oil
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp aubergine, diced
- 1 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large handful kale, de-stemmed and roughly torn
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp dukkah or mixed seeds
- Melt one teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, aubergine and tamari and saute for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan for later.
- Return the the pan to the heat and melt another teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and kale and fry for 2-3 minutes until the kale wilts a little.
- Whisk the egg, yoghurt and water together before adding to the kale mix in the frying pan. Give the pan a swirl to get an even coating.
- Cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- Return the tomato and aubergine mix to the eggs and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until hot through.
- Remove to a plate and drizzle over the tahini and dukkah to serve.