Whether its an indoor or outdoor BBQ, these Middle Eastern Skewers will do the trick!!
Did you know not only can you cook your skewers on the BBQ but your flatbreads too! Also try adding some pesto or fresh herbs to your next flatbread mix for a very tasty addition. For all you indoor BBQers, a hot grill pan or oven grill will also work just fine.
Change up these Middle Eastern Skewers with other types of meat, prawns or veggies as you like! For another skewer recipe try these Peanut Satay Skewers.
Some of my Pickled Red Onion is really nice on the side too!
- 2 x flatbreads (follow this recipe)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, paprika or ground chilli
- 1.5 tsp green pesto, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs or 1 tsp fresh herbs (roughly chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 6 skewers
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon, oil, yoghurt, spices and herbs until smooth.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized strips or chunks and stir through the yoghurt mix. This could be covered and stored in the fridge for later in the day or overnight.
- Light the BBQ or preheat your grill pan or oven.
- Divide the chicken among the skewers. Spread some more marinade on top. Place on the BBQ or grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Serve with the flatbreads and some salad leaves.