Combine this energising minty beetroot hummus & oatcakes with some water for the ultimate snack!
- 400g tin broad beans
- 300g cooked beetroot
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50g walnuts
- Rinse and strain the tinned beans.
- Place the beans, roughly chopped beetroot and mint in a food processor. Blitz until a smooth purée is formed.
- Add the walnuts and lemon juice. Blitz again until fully combined.
- Keep fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days or divide into smaller portions and freeze.
- 8oz oats
- 25g coconut oil, solid
- 225ml boiling water
- Blitz the oats in a blender or food processor until they form a coarse flour.
- Melt the oil in the water and add to the oats. Combine with a fork until a dough forms, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Divide the dough in two and place one half between two sheets of parchment. Roll the dough out to about 1 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter divide into portions. Repeat the process with the remaining half of dough. Place on a greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake at 130°C for 1.5 to 2 hours until crisp. Allow to cool on a wire rack & store in an airtight box or freeze.