Mushroom soup is often very earthy and requires a lot of cream to lighten it up.
Here I’ve used a blend of fennel and cashews to add creaminess and lightness, also a little bit of white wine or Martini helps things along!!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 500g mushrooms (button, chestnut or regular)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50ml white wine or Martini
- 50g cashew nuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chop the garlic, dice the onions and fennel (remove the outer layer from the fennel bulb and chop off the feathery top bit), remove the mushroom stalk and roughly chop into fours.
- Melt the coconut oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the finely chopped garlic and diced onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced fennel and continue to cook for about 5 mins. Stir through the chopped mushrooms whilst you prepare your stock.
- Pour in the stock, white wine/Martini and cashew nuts. Bring the saucepan to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20-30 mins until the mushrooms are soft through.
- Add some pepper and blend to your preferred consistency.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.