Ice-cream is honestly one of the loves of my life!!
Adore it in many many forms and also love to make it. Now, don’t you worry!! No fancy machinery required here only a freezer, some gorgeous fresh cream, berries and one or two other things.
Since Summer is berry season, now is the time to make the most of them! I’m adding them to all kinds of dishes even a Summer Breakfast salad was created recently with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, greens and strawberries – it was magic alongside a sunny sea view.
Back to ice-cream, for more inspiration try my classic No-Churn Ice-cream recipes.
Makes 1 large tub.
- 100g fresh berries (any mix of raspberry, strawberry, blueberry or blackcurrant)
- 250ml cream
- 200ml condensed milk
- Place the berries and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and turn the heat off. Allow the saucepan to sit for 5 minutes and gently with the back of a spoon bash up the berries until you get a runny jam like consistency.
- Place 200ml of the cream into a large mixing bowl and whisk into stiff peaks (you want to go really stiff with the peaks!) with a handheld electric whisk.
- Pour in the condensed milk and whisk again until a smooth texture is formed. Stir through the remaining milk.
- Place one third of the berry sauce in the base of a large resealable container, gently pour half the cream mixture on top, add another third of the berry sauce on top, the remaining cream mixture and finish with the last of the berry sauce. Use a fork to create a nice swirled design on top.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.