I think it’s no surprise to you all that I love vegetables but I also eat plenty of meat too!
Broccoli is possibly the easiest vegetable to overcook and also the easiest to cook to perfection with the simple method I use below.
This broccoli dish is a simple side dish that combines well with roast chicken, baked fish or grilled meat. It could also be turned into a main dish by stirring some freshly cooked pasta like spaghetti through at the end with a little olive oil for a fuss-free meal.
When in season you could replace the broccoli with asparagus, purple-sprouting broccoli or lightly grilled courgette.
If you are a big fan of broccoli, then try out some more of my favourite broccoli recipes: Crunchie Carrot & Broccoli Salad, Broccoli, Squash & Chickpea Curry or create rice from broccoli and serve as a side.
Serves 2 as a side.
- 100g tenderstem or purple-sprouting broccoli
- 1 tbsp pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds
- 1 tbsp feta
- 1 tsp fresh parsley or mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Bring a saucepan of water with a pinch of salt to the boil.
- Add the broccoli, cover and remove from the heat. Allow to cook or blanch for 5 minutes.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat, add the seeds and allow to toast until they begin to pop.
- Drain and rinse the broccoli under running cold water if preparing ahead, otherwise place directly on a serving plate.
- Crumble the feta over the broccoli followed by the parsley and lemon zest. Finally scatter the seeds over and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.