I love, love, LOVE pancakes!! They are made for any meal of the day and are great as a sweet or savoury option. You can have them thin, thick, dripping in melted chocolate or my favourite filled with natural yoghurt and berries!!
Here are a few of my favourite recipes:
- Banana Pancakes – great for pre/post exercise or as a lazy brunch option.
- Buckwheat Pancakes – made for savoury options. Layer with mashed avocado, smoked salmon and a drizzle of creme fraiche.
- Zesty Banana & Oat Pancakes – I first shared the recipe for these on my Instagram story and they were a real hit!! Great for anyone who isn’t the biggest fan of banana too as the orange zest helps to disguise the taste.
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp oat flour or milled linseed
- zest of half an orange
- coconut oil
- Toppings: natural yoghurt, orange segments, nuts, seeds
- In a bowl or measuring jug, whisk the egg and banana together.
- Add the milk and oat flour and whisk again.
- Grate in the orange zest and whisk once more.
- Ideally allow to sit in the fridge for as long as you can wait to allow the mix firm a little.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the pan and swirl around to create an even layer.
- Allow to cook for 1 minute on one side and flip over.
- Allow to cook through on the opposite side and remove from pan.
- Complete with remaining mixture, you should make 3 pancakes.
- To serve: stack them up with yoghurt and orange segments. Sprinkle some nuts and seeds of your preference over the top.
You honestly can’t go wrong with whatever pancake type or topping you choose. So enjoy lots of pancake flipping and tasting!