20 minutes, a few key ingredients and away you go to make this Prawn & Chorizo Spaghetti dish!!
Stunning as a midweek meal or as a “fancy” spaghetti dish for guests dining in, you can’t go wrong with this humble but flavourful spaghetti recipe.
If you aren’t a meat eater, leave out the chorizo and you will be fine. If you can’t get kale or it isn’t in season when you’re making it, add in any leafy green. Some tenderstem broccoli would also be magnificent here too!
For another epic prawn dish, try my Creamy Chilli Prawn & Greens recipe.
- 100g spaghetti
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 chilli, de-seeded and diced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 30g chorizo, diced
- 180g prawns, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp butter or pesto
- 100g kale, de-stalked and roughly shredded
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and allow it to soften slowly into the water. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook fully. Remove from the heat and cover with a lid.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the chilli, spring onion and chorizo until soft through.
- Stir through the prawns and cook for 5 minutes until pink throughout.
- Reduce the heat and stir through the butter, kale and cooked spaghetti with 2 tablespoonfuls of the pasta water until the kale is wilted.
- Divide between two bowls and serve.