Food for me is all about the people who created it, cared for it, picked it, produced it and those you share it with!!
I prefer laid back dinners with a real family-style feel versus lots of perfectly plated creations for when I gather some friends or family together.
This seafood recipe is perfect for sharing and I great way to start any meal and really get the conversation going with lots of tasting and trying.
If you can’t get your hands on samphire which is a seaweed, use spinach or kale and wilt down by mixing through the sauce just before serving.
Serves 4 as a sharing starter.
- 2 tsp garlic butter or 2 tsp butter and 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 10 jumbo prawns
- 200g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 100 samphire
- 75ml cream/creme fraiche/plain yoghurt
- bread to serve
- Melt the garlic butter on a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the prawns, stir to coat and cook through.
- Stir in the smoked salmon and samphire, cook until the samphire lightly wilts.
- Pour over the cream, stir to combine and allow to bubble up for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve with some bread.