It’s strawberry season!!! Berry season is easily one of my favourite times of the year and the first bite of a freshly picked local strawberry is just the best. There really is nothing else that beats the naturally sweet juicy taste of a strawberry!
This year I’m celebrating strawberry season in conjunction with Bord Bia who have asked me to create three recipes using nature’s natural treat. Strawberries are naturally full of Vitamin C, are in season from May to November in Ireland and are a handy healthy snack for any time of the day!
To find out more about the nutritional benefits of strawberries and discover lots more tasty recipes head over to Bord Bia!
- 500g strawberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 150ml lukewarm water
- Place the strawberries, mint and honey in a blender or food processor with a little of the water.
- Blend until smooth but still slushy. You may need to add more water as you go to loosen the mixture but don’t turn it into a smooth sauce.
- Pour into a loaf tin and smoothen out.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving: remove from the freezer and allow to soften at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.Disclaimer: This recipe is part of a paid partnership with Bord Bia during their 2019 ‘Celebrate Strawberry Season’ campaign.