This is a recipe that needs no time to cook but benefits from time by itself to let the flavours infuse, mature, intensify……you get my drift……turn the chilli even more delicious!!!
Don’t be shy to lash in any extra veg you like, swap in others and go meat free as you like.
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ pepper, diced
- 50g chorizo, rashers or bacon lardons
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g beef mince or lentils
- 1 x 400g tin corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- Heat 1 tablespoonful of oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrot, pepper & chorizo and slowly allow them to soften.
- Add the paprika and stir until everything is really fragrant. Pour in the tomatoes, bring the pot to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Fry off the mince or cook the lentils as per packet.
- Finally, add the cooked mince or lentils, corn and black beans into the pot. Combine well together and allow to cook for 5 minutes until hot through.
- Serve on its own with a dollop of sour cream or add a grain of your choice, greens or stuff it into a taco!