5 simple ingredients that the majority of you will already have at home or can easily get on your hands on is all you need for these super tasty flatbreads!
For the toppings, where do we begin really?? Any combination you can honestly think of will work on these quick and easy flatbreads. Go rich, go raw, go super cheesy, go meaty, go vegan, go veggie or simply go plain and dunk the flatbreads into hummus, dips or more olive oil – the decision is all yours!
Turn this flatbread into a pizza easily by rolling the entire amount of dough out into a large flat base. Carefully transfer the flatbread base to a baking tray. Top with your desired toppings and bake in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F for 12 minutes.
These also freeze great, simply allow the flatbreads to cool fully before freezing flat between a layer of parchment.
- 125g plain flour
- 125g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- *optional: minced garlic, fresh or dried herbs
- Combine all the ingredients (if using dried herbs add 1 teaspoonful in here too) together in a bowl until it comes together to form a pastry ball. Leave to prove for 20 minutes while you sort out your toppings.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter-top and divide the pastry into 4 even balls before rolling each out until about 1cm thick with a rolling pin, clean bottle or use the heels of your hands to spread out.
- Add fresh or dried herbs or garlic now to your flatbread, literally just mush these into the top of your dough.
- Brush one side of each flatbread with oil.
- Heat a grill pan (you can also use a BBQ or baking tray in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F) until it just begins to smoke, place your flatbread on this and bake for 2-3 minutes on one side. Ensure to place the oiled side down first and brush the other whilst its cooking before flipping over and cooking through.
- Once cooked, add your choice of toppings!