I hadn’t made a curry in ages so with some courgettes fresh from my Mam’s garden, along came this Roast Courgette & Aubergine Chicken Curry!
This curry makes a mighty batchcook so make sure to store any leftovers in the freezer for a quick dinner option. Roasting the courgette and aubergine might sound like a little bit of faff but it really maximizes the flavour and textures of your curry.
If you aren’t a chicken eater, swap it out for more chickpeas or another bean of your choice, tofu, tempeh or any type of meat.
Fresh chilli would also be incredible used instead of paprika in this curry!
- 1 aubergine, cut into slices widthways
- 1 medium courgette, cut into slices widthways
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 5 chicken fillets, cut into strips or bite sized pieces
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- To serve: thick plain yoghurt & flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/475°F. Place the aubergine and courgette slices on one baking or roasting tray. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoonful of oil. Mix together until well coated. Add the whole garlic cloves still in their skin to the tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat one teaspoonful of oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the onions and celery and cook until soft through.
- Stir through the spices and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes plus half a tin ful of water. Bring to the boil, return to a simmer and add the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir through the roast vegetables and chickpeas and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a grain of your choice, a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of almonds.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.