Oh roasted cauliflower soup how I LOVE you!!
Honestly, I think you could roast any vegetable known to man with some onions and garlic, blend with stock and you would have a seriously good meal. Soup is made for chilly days and added spice really warms you up from the inside fast.
Cauliflower I think should nearly only be eaten roasted or semi-cooked like in my Cauliflower Tabbouleh recipe that you’ll find in my cookbook!
Remember to use the cauliflower stems and any good looking inner cauliflower leaves too in your soup!
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly cut into 8 pieces
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves, garlic
- 2 tsp coriander seeds or 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Place all the vegetables and spices into a large high sided roasting tray.
- Add the oil and stir well together until combined.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place all the roasted vegetables into a large saucepan. Pour over the vegetable stock and beans and bring to a rapid boil. Return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend to your preferred soup consistency.
- Serve with some of my Quick & Easy Red Onion Pickle on top and a slice of my Oat & Seed Yoghurt Loaf on the side for a serious feast!