Soup is for me a big comforting hug not only on cold, winter days but any time of the year. Roasting the spice infused sweet potato and butternut squash adds a real richness to this soup. This recipe works great with raw veg too when you’re in a hurry!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and melt 2 tsp of coconut oil in a large roasting tray.
- Add the cubed squash and sweet potato. Mix through the cumin and turmeric until well coated.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Sauté the finely diced garlic and onion in a large saucepan with a tsp of coconut oil. Once translucent, add in the roasted veg and stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and blend until smooth.