This quiche is a nod towards Little Green Spoon’s almond based version. Any mix of meat and vegetables will work great, it can be served hot or cold with a simple salad and your hunger will be quickly banished!!
If you don’t like almonds simply replace the base with traditional shortcrust/puff pastry or leave the pastry base out completely and simply use all the remaining ingredients to create a frittata.
- 300g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 1 small hot-smoked salmon fillet
- 1/2 log goats cheese
- 6 eggs
- 50ml milk
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Mix together all the base ingredients with a fork until they begin to form a breadcrumb type consistency. Firmly press the almond mix into the base and sides of a lined baking tray, bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Halve the tomatoes and finely slice the spring onions. Roughly chop the spinach and gently wilt in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Once the base is baked, evenly place the spinach, tomatoes and onions over the base. Flake in the salmon and add in thin medallions of goats cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and pour into the quiche dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until a knife runs clean when placed through the centre of the quiche.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.