Ok so these are goooood!!!
I created them for my cookery demonstration at WellFest 2023 in collaboration with Glenisk!! There are thankfully lots of amazing Irish yoghurt brands out there but Glenisk have my heart. I have been creating with them since the very start of my food sharing adventures through Delalicious and the entire team have been a phenomenal support to me.
You will definitely have some leftover caramel….DO NOT THROW IT AWAY!! Pour it into a clean jar, seal and store in the fridge for drizzling over lots more things – cakes, buns, another batch of brownies, cookies, swirl into plain yoghurt or ice-cream…..you get the drift!
- 20g honey
- 55g soft dark brown sugar
- 50g Glenisk plain high protein yoghurt
- Sea salt
- 130g dark chocolate
- 130g pre-cooked beetroot
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30g cocoa powder
- 60g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 100g Glenisk vanilla high protein yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F and line a square baking tin with parchment.
- For the caramel: heat the honey and sugar together in a small saucepan over a medium heat until it turns a dark brown liquid. If your pan starts to bubble or spit, turn the heat down, you want to melt not burn the sugar. Remove from the heat and stir through the yoghurt until it turns a classic caramel colour. Add the salt to your preferred taste (start with a tiny bit and add bit by bit!).
- Melt 100g of the chocolate in an ovenproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Blend the cooked beetroot with the eggs until smooth in a food processor or blender jug. Whisk the eggy beetroot into the melted chocolate.
- Fold through the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, plain flour and oats until well combined. Finally stir through the yoghurt until none is visible. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Swirl the cooled caramel over top. Chop up the remaining 30g of chocolate and scatter on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Gently ease the brownies from the tin and cool fully on a wire rack.
- Drizzle some more caramel over the top before serving.