So I’ve made three batches of these in the last fortnight and not one batch lasted more than one day!!! Some might say “they passed the test”!!!
Essentially whoever conjured up putting salt and chocolate together needs to take a strong bow. Followed by the person who created flapjacks!
So these Sea Salt, Chocolate & Oat Cookies have all the lovely squishy, oatty crumbleyness of a flapjack and then that incredible delectable hit of chocolate and salt that unfortunately leaves you finding your hand in the cookie jar going for number 2 before you even know it!
For even more cookie inspiration, try these recipes.
- 110g butter
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 110g plain flour
- 110g oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/375°F and line 2 baking trays with parchment.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a small saucepan.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients excluding the chocolate and sea-salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the butter has fully melted and the sugar dissolved, pour over the flour mixture and combine until no dry ingredients remain. Allow to cool a little before stirring the chocolate through.
- Place generous tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking trays.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the top of each cookie before baking in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden but slightly squishy (I know that’s very subjective!!!).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing and cooling fully on a wire rack or enjoying a cookie immediately!!
- The cookies will keep fresh for up to 5 days in a resealable container.