Okay, so these are pretty delicious, if I do say so myself!!
Sea-salt, chocolate and oats are just such a match in my book. Brilliant in cookie form, epic in a banana bread and even better together in these flapjacks.
Make these flapjacks your own by adding in whatever optional extras you like or simply just have to hand at home!
Makes 12 flapjacks.
- 50g nut butter
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 200g oats
- 60g unflavored or vanilla protein powder
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp sea-salt
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional extras: 50g chopped nuts, 50g mixed seeds, 25g cacao nibs
- Line a square baking or ovenproof dish with parchment.
- Melt the nut butter and honey together in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix the oats, protein powder and coconut (add any optional extras at this stage too!) together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir through the melted nut butter and honey until well combined. Pour over the milk and stir through until the mix gets sticky.
- Spread the oat mix evenly into the base of the prepared dish. Sprinkle the sea-salt over the top.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, pour over the oat mixture and swirl the tin to create an even layer of chocolate on top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set. Cut into 12 flapjacks.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.