I love how some of the simplest and easiest things in the kitchen can bring you the most joy!
I discovered this seed sprinkle mix when travelling around New Zealand. It was a really easy way to add some flavour to my day and most importantly didn’t weigh down my bulging backpack.
This seed sprinkle isn’t just for mornings as you can add it to any dish like fresh fruit, salads, smoothies, finish scones with a sprinkle on top or include in my oat bread recipe. Sprinkle this seed mix over yoghurt as a simple snack or nut butter apple slices instead of granola.
I have included both a sweet and savoury option dependant on your taste buds and what your sprinkling it over.
- 2 tbsp black sesame
- 2 tbsp white sesame
- 2 tbsp brown linseed
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs or finely diced dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp dried apricot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake to mix.
- Store the jar in a dry and cool place.