I really don’t know why but the flavours associated with Asian cuisine make brussel sprouts taste amazing!!
Christmas is a great time of year for food and I love nothing more than seeing brussel sprouts hit the vegetable shops! I know they aren’t everyone’s favourite vegetable but I challenge you to try this recipe and be surprised by the flavours.
Personally, I think how you cook sprouts is the main difference between loving and loathing them! I love to enjoy them roasted, thinly sliced and lightly fried with minced garlic and ginger, cooked just enough in a salad or raw in this sprout slaw.
- 200g sprouts, outer leaves and stalks removed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp sushi seasoning, rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Thinly slice the sprouts and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir all the ingredients well together with a fork until fully combined.