A traybake has to be one of the best batch cooks. Minimal wash-up, maximum flavour and generally the oven does most of the work!
Here I’ve combined one of my favourite spices, Smoked Paprika, to really amp up the flavour of this traybake. Halloumi adores seasoning and so do chickpeas. Broccoli is again transformed when roasted and my trusty flatbread recipe never lets me down to serve on the side!
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 x heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 x 200g block halloumi, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp thick yoghurt
- ½ tbsp milk
- Pickled red onions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Mix the oil and smoked paprika together in a bowl.
- Spread the broccoli over the base of a large rectangular baking tray or ovenproof dish.
- Pour half the paprika oil over the broccoli and mix together with a spoon until well coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Mix the chickpeas through the remaining paprika oil. At the 15 minute cooking mark, add the chickpeas to the broccoli and roast.
- At the 20 minute cooking mark, add the halloumi slices to the broccoli tray and cook through.
- To serve: mix the yoghurt with the milk and drizzle over the tray followed by a scatter of pickled onions.