Who doesn’t love a creamy pasta dish?
Here I’ve substituted the pasta for courgetti (courgette spaghetti) and the cream for creme fraiche for a lighter option.
If you are not a fish lover, simply use chicken or pork. This Creamy Smoked Salmon Courgetti is the perfect lighter treat for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
- 1 large courgette
- 75g frozen peas
- 50g butter
- 2 generous tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 30g grated parmesan
- 200g smoked salmon
- 100g defrosted cooked prawns
- Use a julienne peeler or spiralizer (if you have neither thinly slice the courgette into long slices) to create spaghetti-like courgette strips.
- Steam the courgetti for 5 minutes until it still has a bite. Defrost the peas in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted stir in the creme fraiche, lemon juice and finely grated parmesan until well combined.
- Roughly chop the smoked salmon and stir through with the prawns, peas and steamed courgetti.
- Season with black pepper and sit back and enjoy!