Recipe creation for me can come in the randomest of places but more often than not when I have a few ingredients to use up!
I love Asian flavours and this salad has a real hint of Vietnamese cooking which focuses on showcasing fresh and flavoursome ingredients. Herbs and spicy vegetables like chillies and radishes are used in a clever way to create a sweet, sour and spicy combination that can be made to tailored to your taste by simply increasing that flavour ingredient.
Serve alongside some baked white fish like cod or with some shredded chicken for a quick and easy meal.
Serves 5 as a side.
- 100g cashews
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 fresh green chilli, finely diced
- 15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon/lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat.
- Mix the oil through the cashews and thinly sliced garlic until well coated. Place on the frying pan and allow to gently roast, turn regularly to ensure they evenly cook. Once a golden brown colour is achieved, remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all the remaining ingredients and toss well together.
- Place on a serving dish and enjoy!