You will have this dish ready in minutes!
I love how it satisfies both your vegetable and red meat intake whilst also being jam packed with natural immune boosters in the form of ginger, garlic and chilli!!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- An inch piece length of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 large fillet steak
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 6 large leaves green Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 medium-sized courgette
- 1 tin water chestnuts
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Prepare the marinade for the steak by finely chopping the garlic, chilli (plus or minus seeds depending on your spice tolerance), spring onions and ginger. Add the sesame oil and some fresh pepper to the spices.
- Remove any fat from the steak and slice into thin strips. Add to the marinade and mix until well coated. If the marinade appears dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Whilst the meat is marinating, prepare your vegetables. Finely slice both cabbages into thin strips, slice the courgette into half moon shapes and drain and rinse the water chestnuts.
- Place a pan on a high heat. Test the pans heat by placing one strip of steak on it and the meat should sizzle immediately. Add the remaining marinated steak and quickly turn to brown on all sides for 1-2 minutes.
- Simply stir in the cabbage and courgette. Turn the heat down and cover to simmer over a low heat for 3-5 minutes until the courgette is tender.
- Mix together the peanut butter and 2-3 tablespoons water until you get a runny texture.
- Add the peanut sauce and water chestnuts to the pan and mix together. Allow to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped peanuts and serve with rice/bulgur wheat/freekeh or simply on it’s own.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.