Quick and easy is the name of the game with this Spicy Turkey & Rice recipe!
Turkey is such an underused poultry apart from the month of December. Lean turkey steaks and mince are really great to cook with and particularly work well in a chilli like my Smokey Turkey Chilli.
The Spicy Turkey works just as well without the rice and added to a salad plate. Likewise pimp out your rice with some peas, extra scallions or even an egg for some fried rice.
Serve with a side of my Cucumber & Radish Asian Salad for a nice mellow crunch to your plate.
- 200g uncooked rice
- 375g turkey steaks, cut into strips
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Cook the rice as per your preference or as per packet instructions.
- Turn the grill in your oven on to the highest setting or heat a dry grill pan over a medium heat.
- Mix the turkey and flour together in a large bowl with some salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is hot, spread the turkey strips over a baking tray or ovenproof dish and place into the oven. Grill for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a saucepan over a low heat until a smooth sauce is formed and it is heated through.
- Stir the cooked turkey through the sauce until well coated.
- Serve the turkey with the rice.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Want to stay up to date with all my latest recipes and creations then join my mailing list now. Click here to get my latest newsletter!
Get your copy of the DELALICIOUS – A Full Plate For A Full Life cookbook here!
Remember to add #Delalicious to all your cooking, baking & treat making on social media posts.