Personally I just love Bircher muesli, it is made in minutes and is a simple answer to a delicious breakfast as the oats soak up all the goodness the night before to fill you up come morning time with minimal effort and maximum reward. The orange zest and juice give a really nice lift to these oats to remind us of the sun filled days to come!
- 110g oats
- 2 tbsp milled linseed
- 1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp raisins/dried cranberries/apricot
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1/2 small orange
- 1/2 juice of a fresh small orange
- 150ml milk (use whatever variety you like natural/nut/rice/oat/soya)
- 50ml water
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl or Kilner jar.
- Add the orange juice along with the milk & water.
- Stir well together & store in the fridge overnight (if you think the mix looks a little dry or you like a more gooey texture just add more milk/water).
- Come morning, stir again to ensure well combined & serve with orange segments & a dollop of natural/Greek yoghurt.